Need more engagement from your fans on social media? Here are some tips from the experts.
Social media is an important key to engaging customers, getting a better SEO rank, and also improving your company’s overall image. It’s why many people choose to hire a social media guru to help get their name out into the world. The problem that most people get when they start a social media campaign is that they often don’t get a reaction from potential clientele. Here’s how you can fix that and engage your customers in a positive way.
- Tell them to do something. People often won’t do something unless they are asked to do something. So, tell them to like your post if they agree with it. Tell them to share your images with friends if they find them cool. They might do it, or they might not. Either way, it doesn’t hurt to try. What do you have to lose by just asking?
- Have contests on a regular basis. This has worked for many major companies, and it can work for you too. All you have to do is buy (or make) a prize, and come up with a contest idea that would get people to engage with you on Facebook or Twitter. Something like the best fan sign for your company, a new slogan for your site, or even the most outrageous selfie at your location can make for a great publicity stunt while also getting people to interact with your page.
- If a customer complains on a review site or on social media, address them and try to make things better. Showing that you are willing to talk things out with upset customers proves to others that you do care about what they think, and that you do want to give them the best experience with you. It also can smooth over what would most likely stay a bad outlook on your restaurant.
- Actually, you should also thank them if they compliment your company. Who doesn’t like to be acknowledged for giving props? People will definitely feel even more appreciated if you go out of your way to show them how thankful you are for talking about the great time they had with you.
- Don’t hesitate to try to do Q & A sessions online. Believe it or not, many people might have questions about your company’s policies that you don’t have on your site’s FAQ page. So, go ahead, tell them to ask you questions once in a while. It will not only clear up potential misunderstandings, but it will also humanize you to your potential clients.
If you’re social media savvy, you always should come up with new, innovative ways to get people to get into your social media campaign. While these five tips do offer a good start, there’s always so much more that you can do. Social media’s opportunities for business advertising are endless – all you have to do is find the way that you want to present your business.